The Fashion Business and Design program has been a part of the education offered at Lindenwood University since its founding.
- Sewing instruction was one of the first skills taught in addition to other classes to the all-girls student population. At the turn of the century, sewing and construction had evolved into the Domestic Science program in the 1910s.
- By 1915 female students could graduate with a degree in Home Economics which included sewing.
- The earliest record of a fashion show was produced in 1929 and sponsored by the Lindenwood alum Nelly Don.
- In 1983 the Fashion Merchandising and Marketing department was established.
- Under the leadership of Florence Dewan, in 1992, the name was changed to the Fashion Design department offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in Fashion Design.
- In 2013 the Fashion Design department received a complete facelift and became the Fashion Design program headed by Dr. Chajuana Trawick.
- In 2017 a bachelor of science degree in Fashion Business and Entrepreneurship was added to the Fashion Design program.
- In 2018 the Fashion Design program received a significant endowment and was reestablished as the Fashion Business and Design program.,
Today, the Fashion Business and Design program offers a Bachelor of Fine Art in Fashion Design and Technology, a Bachelor of Science in Fashion Business and Entrepreneurship, a Master of Art in Fashion Design and Technology, and a Master of Science in Fashion Business and Entrepreneurship. Minors are also available in both degrees. Additionally, the Fashion Business and Design program has kept with tradition by continuing to produce annual spring fashion shows.